Bernhardt Textiles is a family-owned business operating in the foothills of the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, a location endowed with earthly riches – clean air, pure water, and an abundance of natural resources. To protect and preserve these natural resources, we are committed to environmental excellence in all business activities – from product design and material selection to operations and our community.
To minimize the impact on our shared natural resources, Bernhardt Textiles is making sustainable choices regarding our products, partners, and the achievement of industry standards and third-party certifications.
Products + Partners
Our collections offer the following:
• Products designed for longevity, performance, and durability
• Rapidly renewable fibers such as wool, organic cotton, cotton, and linen
• Recycled products
• Products without PVC, PFAS/PFOS, antimicrobials, and flame retardants
• Low-emitting certified products
• Products that pass California TB 117-2013
• California Prop 65-compliant products
• LBC Red List free compliant products
• Products that contribute to LEED and WELL credits and are Oeko-Tex certified
We support environmentally conscious suppliers that offer the following:
• Locally sourced products; over 50% of our products are manufactured in the US
• Avoidance of materials with harmful chemicals
• The promotion and use of recycled materials
• ISO14001 environmental standard certification
The SCS Indoor Advantage™ program certifies products for low emissions that meet the highest level of indoor air quality standards. For certification, products undergo emissions testing at an independent, accredited laboratory. Textile products are tested for volatile organic compounds (VOCs), including formaldehyde, in compliance with ANSI/BIFMA M7.1,/X7.1, and CDPH Standard Method v1.2.
Bernhardt Textiles has a wide assortment of textiles that have achieved Indoor Advantage™ Gold certification and can contribute to LEED and WELL projects. Certificates for each product are available in the environmental section of the appropriate product page, or visit the: